Health Advocate provides a unique service of assisting and navigating people through the complexities of the health care system. Being independent, the company has built a solid track record for objectively and effectively helping people access health care services and resolving problems that often interfere with their ability to obtain quality care.
The Delaware Valley Health Care Coalition (DVHCC) has developed a special arrangement with Health Advocate, Inc. to allow Members to take advantage of preferred pricing.
Health Advocate serves more than 7,500 clients nationwide (over 21 million individuals) including many of the nation’s largest companies and unions. Founded in 2001, located in Plymouth Meeting, PA, Health Advocate has a large membership within the greater Delaware Valley.
Key Facts about Health Advocate:
- Covers the member, their spouse, dependent children, parents and parents-in-law
- One-source support for a range of health care issues
- Available 24/7
- The Health Advocate service centers around a team of Personal Health Advocates (PHAs), who are typically registered nurses supported by medical doctors and benefits and claims specialists.
PHAs work with members one-on-one to help get the right answers to a full range of clinical, administrative and insurance-related issues, quickly and dependably. Examples of the kinds of assistance your Personal Health Advocate can provide:
- Clinical: Find the right doctors, facilitate appointments, locate qualified providers for second opinions, research treatment options, inform about test results and treatments prescribed by the physician, locate generic equivalents for brand-name medications
- Administrative: Address billing and claims issues, clarify insurance plan, offer cost estimates of common medical services, negotiate fees for uncovered services, help arrange billing payments
- Health care coaching: Prepare members for doctor visits and medical tests, explain complex conditions
- Information and resources: Help with eldercare and Medicare issues, find community support services and more.
Benefits to Members:
- Special pricing available to DVHCC Members
- Saves time, money, and stress
- Dedicated, experienced staff
- Same PHA throughout
- Serves the entire family
- One-source support for a range of issues
- Independent and confidential
- Helps members make informed decisions
- Helps lower medical costs
- Improves health outcomes
For more information, please contact our office.